Thursday, September 20, 2012

Busy Just Doesn't Say Enough

So here I am, 4th week of school and it is the first time I've been able to even think about blogging.

This semester has been insane already! For some odd reason I thought it was a good idea to take 17 credits including German, Painting, two upper division creative writing classes, and a gen ed. FOR FUTURE NOTICE: not a good idea.

I am relieved to say that I dropped a class (even though it was the day after the deadline, a W looks better than a couple C's and F's) and already feel much less stressed.

I'm pretty excited about the semester now :) I just got promoted at work and Alpha Chi just finished up our recruitment! It was soooo intense (like 4pm to 12am 4 days in a row intense) but so much fun and so totally worth it.

Here are some cute pics:



House Tours


Philanthropy Night
Pref Night
Bid Day. We were sooooo excited!
Taking Birdie Pictures While We Wait

AHHHH YeEEEah

Us with all of our New Members at Bid Day

It was so wonderful!!! We got amazing girls! They are all so awesome and we are so excited to have them! We doubled our chapter at Beta Xi from 36 active members adding 36 new members for a grand total of 72 Alpha Chi's at Utah State!!! I can't wait to find my little! They are all so cute! I am so excited for them to see what an amazing sisterhood bond we have at alpha chi!


Sorority stuff is great :) Finally got promoted from checking to home fashions at Kmart! So happy, I finally am getting a little recognition for the hard work I've been putting in! I will now be the know-how lady of pillows, towels, bedding and more!


Classes have still been quite crazy. Poetry rocks, we have been really getting in deep and skipping over the surfacy stuff we got in the intro class and I am really excited, I've gotten a couple good pieces out of the class already!

Painting 1...is going. Hopefully I start seeing an improvement because right now...its a struggle bus. There is a fundamental thing about art classes: there are always going to be people there who are already good at it and there are going to people like me who aren't and get really intimidated by the more advanced students.

Here is how my current project is coming:
2 class periods into a 4 day project...

Its a struggle but it's coming slowly.


My German class is freakin me out...we will see tomorrow how the test goes. I hope I can become much more proficient by the end of the semester so I am not an absolute nincumpoot when I get to Austria. The weird thing is the pro about the class is also the con: BAPTISM BY FIRE. She hardly ever speaks in English and we must understand lessons and homework and tests in German. My view on it is that right now it is going to suck hard core but hopefully it will force my brain to adapt faster for more practical German use not just academic use.


In my Gen Ed class we are learning about Natural Disasters and man has it got me paranoid. You just can't live anywhere safe on this planet! Oh, and all of us Utahans? We are going to die when that quake hits. DEATH!


Okay over eggageration time is over. Life is pretty good right now. Honestly I can't do much complaining and I really should look at everything a bit more positively. I need to be better about my walk with God and I need to have a better attitude but other than that I think things are going pretty good right now.

It's kinda funny, my family moving has actually brought me closer to them because I feel like I NEED to talk to them to know what is going on because they are constantly changing right now. When they lived in Heber I felt like they were staying the same and that there wasn't much I would glean from talking to them other than letting them in on my life. Now I call or text at least once a week and though I miss them like mad I feel closer to them...

Anyway that is my crazy disjointed update to anyone who is interested in how my life is going!
Love you All!

Carly






2 comments:

  1. Great update Carly. It has been fun for us to have family close enough to visit again. We hope to see you when you come out. Love Aunt Sherron.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I am super stoked to see you guys and explore the area! :)

      Delete