Thursday, June 14, 2012

Trending Tattoos

This tattoo master piece has been super popular, and really it is breath taking!



I don't know if I just was out of the loop when I was young or what but I never thought tattoos could be this beautiful! With Pinterest there are some tattoos in particular that are circling the web at dizzying rates! Here are some tattoo trends and trending internet favorites.



Birds:

Put a bird on it! Literally! People have been fascinated by birds from the dawn of time, representing freedom I can definitely see why people are attracted to them, especially since there are so many beautiful ways to depict birds :)

simple silhouette bird tattoo

awesome bird tattoo incorporating tree branches

subtle bird tattoo, they almost look like freckles

in flight bird tattoo on the forearm

behind the ear is a very common place for bird tattoos I've seen
I've seen a lot of owl tattoos lately, this one is just my favorite

peacock tattoos are very in for the more bold among us

loved this thigh peacock as well

this white ink tattoo really stood out to me because it is so beautiful and subtle!




Trees:

Tree tattoos are becoming very popular probably because how dynamic they are. A tree can be represented in a multitude of ways and can mean many, many things. From life and death to family and childhood to trials and the ethereal there are endless possibilities.

silhouette of a bald tree with birds, lovely

this tattoo is very whimsical, the tree house is wonderful!

I couldn't resist putting this arm tattoo in, white ink of the tree in LOTR that is only visible in moonlight? So cool!

I love how fragile this tree looks, like it is going to break any second

loved the movement in this tree tattoo, I love ones with a clear sense of wind

very gnarly tree

I love how realistic this is! Such great shading on the tree trunk and so cool that the tattoo wraps

the color in this tree tattoo makes me stare at it for long periods of time, it is just so stunning

I didn't know if I wanted to put this in birds or trees but hey its kinda both the tattoo is very stylized but I like it




Word Art:

Phrases and words have been in tattoos for a long time but I like that I've been seeing more of a break from the classic script style and more loose designs or cleaver word art that captures the meaning.


love the sense of movement the swirls gives to this "free" tattoo

I thought this was so cleaver! Definitely a graphic design feat! The word stand integrated into the giraffe says it all!

I love that "God is Love" is tattooed in a simple cursive, almost reminds me of a love letter

cute little heart and believe tattoo

such delicate cursive, its beautiful

I love these eternity tattoos with the words in them faith is one of my favorites.

okay, this is more than just word art but come on! Mirror of Errised tattoo? So cool

I love when poetry tattoos are done cleverly like this circle tattoo.

ahhh yeah! Deathly hallows + Always tattoo. Best combo

I love the beautiful lay out and font of this prayer tattoo

list one is very nice as well, very well designed.

This tattoo is a little more intricate but I like that you can feel the word "breath" in the movement of the lines

this faith tattoo just looks effortless, just like how faith should be, love it!




 Okay kids, that's all I've got for today, I'm going to leave you with a bit of wisdom: if you're thinking about getting a tattoo, get it designed by someone good, then hang it on your wall for a year (yes a year), and then get it, because if you can't stand to look at it every day for a year and still want it then you are definitely not going to want it on your body for the rest of your life.








Carly

5 comments:

  1. I especially liked the photorealist type tattoos. They look great on your skin and has vivid colors. I only wish they wouldn't fade away that easily. That said, is there a way to remove a tattoo that more or less does not include pain in the ingredients?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I love those too, but with them fading so fast its hard to justify them. I don't think so, pain going in-pain coming out.

      Delete
  2. All of tattoos are looking amazing. They are designed well with nice colors and artwork. I love the way they design and I also want to get such tattoo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know the name of the font on the Lucy tattoo??

    ReplyDelete