Saturday, March 9, 2013

Wunderschön


It is the only I can think of that grasps at how I feel about this place. Directly translated it means wonderfully beautiful. Wonder inspiring beauty. That is Innsbruck.

It is magical. There's a feeling in the streets of the old city--not in from the people necessarily but from the city its self--that speaks to the past. It is as if the stones themselves have wisdom from the things they've seen, as if should you listen hard enough you could hear them whispering to you.

When I walk on the cobbled streets and my foot steps echo I can almost hear the horse-drawn carriages rolling and clopping over the stones. Passing alleyways I want to dart down them, almost hoping that I would find some child returning from a well with a bucket.

Maybe I'm just too much of a romantic type but there is something about old cites that makes me think about all that has happened in them. City's just make me feel so alive.


Sorry for not having a ton of pictures guys, I swear there will be some more coming. My first two days in Innsbruck sported good weather and so I took a few pictures while I was running errands but since the weather has been kind of grey and with all the beautiful color here I want to wait until the sun brings out the great hues.


Love,
Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment