Monday, June 27, 2011

6 Hours of Death

I don't know why but for me the 24 hour flu decided to concentrate its self down to about 6 hours for 4x the normal potency. Got up at 5:30 this morning with the normal (for me) morning nausea and figured it would be better after eating so I forced myself to eat some toast and went to work.

Half hour into my shift I was so nauseous I couldn't think and I was shaking and drenched in sweat. I told my manager that I was going to go get the phone list to call some one in for me and I had barely grabbed the list before I had to run for the nearest sink. About 3 solid minutes of retching later I cleaned up my mess and had to start the phone calls.

With so many people who have quit or I don't know because of shift differences it was very hard to get a hold of someone and finally Holly said she would come in because this is the same thing she had and so she came in. Anne (the manager) wasn't too happy about it because holly can be hard to deal with some times and Anne had already had two no show's this morning. But I was sick and had to go.

Mom came and got me and I went straight  to grab a bowl from the kitchen and head to my room. Didn't make it half way up before it started again and ended up with the bowl at the top of the stairs and fell asleep/ passed out there. Every time I moved it started up again and I could feel myself dripping with fever sweat. I eventually was able to get to bed and fell asleep for 4 hours. I woke up and felt totally fine. Well not entirely, I still feel weak and a bit girgly but hey I feel 80% better. Very weird

Why can't my body just be normal?

No comments:

Post a Comment