Wednesday, August 24, 2011

How the Shy Guy Taught Me to be Friendly

So, I don't know why but I've felt kinda shy the past few days with the girls on my floor, idk between me being tired and them being tired not much talking has happened. Today I met up with my friend Pedro for dinner and after we chatted we went back to my room and talked for a bit longer before he was like "lets go meet people" and that's exactly what we did.

Now Pedro has always seemed rather shy because he is very soft spoken and last year when we were in big groups he didn't talk much. Well, I guess he has been working on being more outgoing because he introduced himself to 6 different girls tonight on my floor and I got to know a lot more people because of it...I guess I should do that more. Just walk up and say "Hi, I am Carly. What's your name?" and start talking and asking questions. I guess interview is a type of conversation right?

Well we hung out with my neighbors for a while and had a good long fun chat with them, they got nicknames and we talked about self defense and being "mean". FYI: Pedro can't be mean. He was trying and laughing at the same time and then wonder why we couldn't take him serious, it was quite funny. Had a pretty good night because Pedro showed me how by doing something that may seem awkward, it can become less awkward. Lesson learned. Thanks Pedro!

Ciao,
Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment