Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Group Projects (disclaimer: this is a rant)

I HATE GROUP ACCOUNTABILITY!!!!

In my literature history class on friday we get thrown a curveball assignment where our groups have to get together and create a review sheet for two assigned authors so that the group can study and our teacher can make a test from it. Well that's hunky dory, I wouldn't mind the assignment if we had been told in advance. Assigned friday due sunday or monday.

I also wouldn't mind it if it wasn't on a weekend. No one wants to get together to do a group project on a weekend. So I decided to take charge and create a google doc for it so we don't have to meet in person. Then guess what?



The same guy that didn't show up for our first group assignment doesn't contribute to the google doc. Well its monday night 10: 30 and he hasn't done his shit. I've sent three emails to the group over the course of these four days and I sent a text on sunday and then another text today. Still nothing.

I WANT TO PUNCH HIM.

So I sent this very polite email to my professor:
Professor,

We are having a bit of a group problem. It is 10:15 pm and I really wanted to get the melville review to you by now but after 3 emails, and two text messages one of our members of our group has not contributed at all or responded. If you would like I will fill out his part of the assignment but I would prefer that he does not receive a grade for it if I am doing his work.
Please let me know your opinion.
Carly

I just hate group work. I hope he doesn't get any credit for this assignment (if we are even graded, since its not on the syllabus there is no way to tell). I am just so infuriated right now.

When people in group projects slack off it is the rudest thing ever! You are saying "Hey my laziness over rides the bad grade that I am making you all get and I don't care!"

UGGGGHHHHHH

GO TO HELL GROUP PROJECT DUMB-ASS!!!








end rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment