Friday, February 24, 2012

The Reading Challenge

I am a book buying addict.

It is ridiculous. I own around 70-80 books and have only been gifted around 15 of them.

Recently a counted all the books that I owned and haven't read cover to cover or even started. I was appalled at myself. 21 books that I own and have never finished.

And the mission begins. So on Tuesday I wrote down the list of books and categorized them. I am trying to power house through them. Here's the list:



Religous
Blue Like Jazz
God's Promises For You
First Love
How Good is Good Enough?

Classics
1984
Count of Monte Cristo
Great Expectations
Sense and Sensability

Non-Fiction
Story Enginering
Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office
The Memory Book

Other
Robert Frost Poetry (half through)
100 World's Greatest Short Stories: Adventrue
100 World's Greatest Short Stories: Mystery
New Anthology of Modern Poetry
Stepping Heavenward
Grimm Fairy Tales
Lord of the Rings
Chronicles of Narnia (half through)
The Phantom of the Opera
The Eye of the Warlock
The Empty Boat (Poetry)
New Sudden Fiction
The Glassright's Apprentice Series


The plan is to rotate from category to category. I finished Blue Like Jazz on Tuesday night and am now reading 1984. I think I am just going to keep going through and crossing off things in this post as I go (adding the date completed next to it).

I'm a little afraid of the giant books on this list (Count of Monte Cristo and Lord of the Rings mostly). I am very excited to get all of these read though :)

And ya know in the past few days of filling my spare time with reading I feel much better. Everything just seems less stressful (that might just be me relating with God more though) and I feel like I am building brain tissue more than just letting it mush out in front of a computer screen.

I feel good :)

Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment