Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pinterest Crafting: To Do List

So it's summer time and now we college girls finally have all the time in the world for our secret obsession: CRAFTING!

Here are some of my favorites from Pinterest that I want to do this summer:

Cheap Painting into Word Art

link

This is just such a cute idea to take a cheap piece of art (or scrapbook paper) and turn it into something cool and unique, the great thing is that the painting doesn't even have to be pretty for this to work!



Bottles and Cans into "Porcelain"
link
I might be collecting glass bottles on my counter just do this with them...yeah totally doing this! So excited! This is just an awesome upcycle!




Chopsticks (or bigger sticks) into Harry Potter Wands

link




I'm way too big of a Harry Potter nerd to even be able to handle this! I totally squealed when I saw this. I want to do this with a longer piece, probably a wooden dowel, and make my own wand from Pottermore.



Shatter the Mirror

link
I want to do this with a framed mirror so it doubles as a piece of art and a mirror :) I think it would be so cute on my wall!




Plastic Spoons into Rose Pendant

link
This is one of my first crafts I pinned on pinterest but sadly the original link is broken so I couldn't get the compiled picture but the link has instructions. You basically take white plastic spoons and melt them over a candle and make it into a rose! So cool!


Art Deco Animals

link
Okay so I think this example (especially the cow) is a little kidish but I really like the technique and want to try it on an old broken camera :)




So, this is my summer to do list! Hope you enjoy some of my favorite pinterest finds.

Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment