Thursday, March 15, 2012

My Writing

Today my mom asked me "Do you post your poems on your blog?"
and I said "no".
She seemed a bit surprised and I'm guessing some of my friends and family are too so I figured I would explain why.

I don't post anything online that I could potentially publish later. This is because if you post something online then it has been published. Publishers don't like it when they get leftovers. They want to be there first. They want to be the ones to bring it to the world. If anyone publishes any of their work online before it has been put out by a publisher their likely hood of it getting picked up goes way down.

I want to publish.

I want to publish so bad that it makes me ache.

I do want to share my writings with my family and friends, but if I do it on my blog or on facebook or on twitter or allpoetry.com I will never get published.

So here's the deal: If you would like to see something I'm working on feel free to ask me!

Send me an email-Write a comment on this post-Send me a facebook message! What ever! I will be glad (and flattered) to show it to you in a private way.

I LOVE feed back so it would actually be great for me too.

I just can't do it publicly because someday I hope to make some (probably not a lot) money off of my writing.

Thanks Guys!
Carly

P.S. I'm not kidding if you're interested message me.

No comments:

Post a Comment